Metronome and Looping Updates
- Metronome added with a selection of sounds
- Set tempo directly or tapping
- Specify number of beats per bar
- Fixed loop length option lets you specify ahead of time how long of a loop you want to record in bars.
- More lenient timing when ending loops
MIDI and OSC live output
You can now use ThumbJam as a MIDI or OSC controller over wifi for software instruments or midi sequencers on your computer. Look at the Prefs->Remote Control page to enable these features. For the MIDI output you will need to the DSMIDIWiFi server software on your Mac/Windows/Linux PC found at http://dsmi.tobw.net to receive the MIDI data. For best results connect your device and computer using an ad-hoc wireless network directly between them. See the forums at thumbjam.com for more detailed instructions, and for a description of the OSC messages sent.
- New Viola instrument to round out your string quartet
- Split-screen ability increases playable note space while also allowing for independent setting of key and note range per side.
Toggle the split-screen feature from the key change popup in the key controls sidebar.
- Added inverted tilt option for pitch control
- In-app news added to notify users of new available instruments, loops, or other tips
- Sonoma Wireworks AudioCopy/Paste 1.1 support, allows for copying and pasting multiple simultaneous files.
- Various bugfixes
ThumbJam 1.2 works properly on iOS4 and includes support for fast switching and background audio operation (if loops are playing).